9/24/2015

70s Skirt to Go with the Suit {Butterick 6148 OOP}

Pattern: Butterick 6148 - so very out of print
Version: the shorter skirt
Sizing: 16
Fabric: gabardine
Instructions: fine
Modification: seam finishing
Recommend: yes - look on Etsy

Wrap skirts...my friend thinks they are an icon of the 1970s.  I just think they are easy to wear, especially for a pool cover-up.  One night while watching one of my favorite televisions shows as of late ("Three's Company") and searching Etsy for vintage patterns, I ran across Butterick 6148, which is clearly a 1970s pattern, and bought it on the spot.  At first, I was more attracted to the oldish-fashion swimsuit, but then was caught up in the skirt. 

I purchased one of the only tropical-like rayon fabrics that I could find locally.  At two yards, I used nearly all the fabric, as this skirt uses it's fair share.  Construction was easy, though I did flat-felt the side seams, make narrow hems along the edges, and spent nearly an eternity on flipping the ties right-side-out.  Oh yes, the ties are defiantly the worst/hardest part of this project.  Otherwise, I think we should all go vintage and buy classic patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment