8/10/2015

A Long Time Waiting Part 1 {Vogue 8886}

Pattern:  Vogue 8886
Version:  A - the shirt
Sizing:  12 to 14 with additional tailoring
Fabric:  wool/polyester suiting
Notions:  interfacing; invisible zipper; 2-hook and eyes
Instructions:  very nice
Modification:  no lining
Recommend:  yes

One of my most worn makes is a dress version of Vogue 8886.  I have worn that dress on so many occasions over the last two years.  So, when I finally decided to complete the original idea of having a pant and top version, I knew the top would be a success.  For the most part, I followed exactly the same steps to make this shirt as my tropical wool dress.  The only change I made was to put a single layer of cotton-backed interfacing on my polyester/wool mix suiting.  I wished for the collar to have more mobility and for this material weight it works fine. 

I only came across one issue, and that was my own doing---the serger cut a hole in my top.  I am so ashamed.  I thought about cutting a new front side section, even though everything was completed except tacking down the bias used for the underarm.  In the end, I decided to make a small patch.  I hope that no one will notice or care. 


Expect to see this pattern used one last time.  I want to try a winter version made with long sleeves and a full lining.  These elements are different than what I have sewn so far, and it will be interesting to see if good results can be made by adding the extra fabric. 

No comments:

Post a Comment