5/25/2015

Home Ec Perfection {Simplicity 1589}

image source
Pattern:  Simplicity 1589
Version:  B - rear
Sizing:  14
Fabric:  rayon
Assembly time:  5 hrs
Instructions:  great
Modification:  none
Recommend:  yes, yes, yes

Where was this pattern when I was in Home Ec?  This little shirt would have been right up my alley.  It took me five hours to complete, from cutting to the final ironing.  Meaning, the project could be made in one week of school. Plus, this "Learn to Sew" pattern has great directions for the beginner seamstress or tailor.  One thing that is fabulous about the drafting, is the neck and armholes are finished with bias. Yeah, no facing!  The fabric used for this creation is leftover rayon from a Butterick 5956 summer dress I made last year.  The rayon was a bit difficult to navigate, and I would recommend using a voile for the newbie.  Actually, when I make it again I will use a light-weight cotton because this cutie is being made again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment