5/30/2015

Nighty Night {Simplicity 2262}

Pattern:  Simplicity 2262
Version:  C - the dress
Sizing:  M
Fabric:  knit - very springy knit
Instructions:  fine
Modification:  took in yoke; took in side seams
Recommend:  no

If a picture was ever deceptive, it was this picture.  Though it is impossible to notice, this dress was constructed with wonky stitching and a lot of taking in at the sides and front yoke.  Even though I made this pattern once before, and knew I desperately needed to take in the yoke, I did not account for the elasticity of the fabric.  In the end, I reduced the front and back yoke by three-inches each and two-inches at either side.  I have learned my lesson with this one, and off the pattern goes to the thrift shop; it's just no good.  The dress will more than likely turn into a nightgown and be worn to threads just like its predecessor

No comments:

Post a Comment