6/16/2012

Summer Tank {Sorbetto}

Have you tried your hand at sewing the free Sorbetto Top pattern by Coletterie? Well I have.  My first try was out of this see-through polyester which I thought would be so nice to have on the extra sticky southern US days that are approaching.  Though the fabric was extra tricky to work with, particularly to cut since it slides all over the place, the shirt turn out lovely.  I didn't follow the directions but instead inverted the pleat and opted out of the seam binding.  I did a small 1/8" (or so) hem stitch on all the openings which surprisingly didn't have all that much affect on fit.  Sometimes you get armholes that are two big when using the seam allowance this way.

I'm starting another one of these shirts using a store bought dress that I don't want to wear anymore but love the fabric.  Look for a picture shortly.  For more inspiration, visit Pattern Review where you will find it was rated as one of the popular patterns for 2011.  It is gem! 

No comments:

Post a Comment