7/30/2015

Take a Bow {Simplicity 2154}


Pattern:  Simplicity 2154
Version: B - the sleeveless shirt
Sizing:  14
Fabric:  gabridine
Notions:  hook-and-eye
Instructions:  fine, except for neck finish
Modification:  hook-and-eye finish; flat felted seams
Recommend:  yes
 
This shirt. I can finally mark it off the list as being completed. It's one of those projects that had been sitting in limbo for a few years just waiting to be tackled. I stitched a size 14, not thinking about the pattern being drafted for wear under the jacket. It's a bit snug for my average sized cups (small C), but suitable for wearing beneath something. Other than wanting the shirt to be less structured, I only came across one little issue. The directions for finishing the neckband where missing (though it might just be me not paying close attention). Rectifying the oversight, I finished with a hook-and-eye. This seems to be a intermediate skilled sewing project, which I would recommend. The uniqueness makes it something that I more than likely will pass on making again, but that certainly means you should give it a try.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment