5/21/2013

Every Day Outfit Series #5 {Simplicity 2599}

Pattern: Simplicity 2599
Sizing: 10 with C bust
Fabric: 1.5 yds linen cotton mix
Notions: 7 small buttons
Assembly time: 4 hr
Instructions: this was an attempt of a semi-self drafted concept
Modification: no interfacing around neck, made into button-down backward tank
Recommend: not my version, I ruined it

I really wish this shirt would have turned out better than it did. I still like the concept, but my mistakes was the fabric. Originally, I liked it. Now, I hate it. The print is just not something I would wear on a daily basis. Therefore, it fails my Building an Every Day Outfit challenge.

The pattern has a center seam down the back, which is cut straight. My intent was to make a backwards shirt with a covered button down flap. To do this, I extended both back sides by three inches and then folded the seams over to form a button flap. In hind sight, I would have added even more fabric so the flap would have end-up wider. I made seven functional buttons holes.

In the end, this shirt is slated as a painting cover-up. Ah well, you can't win them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment