5/16/2013

Every Day Outfit Series #4 {Simplicity 2599}

Pattern: Simplicity 2599
Sizing: 10 with C bust
Fabric: 1.5 yds cotton lawn
Notions: hook and eye
Assembly time: 4 hr
Instructions: good
Modification: no interfacing around neck, added 4 inches to hem, no ruffles
Recommend: surely

May I introduce you to the fourth shirt in my series Building an Every Day Outfit? I am particularly happy with my latest creation. I did deviate from the directions. First, by skipping the casing for the elastic and instead sewing the elastic directly to the fabric following the line printed on the pattern. Secondly, I added four inches to the bottom of the shirt.

This was my first attempt at this shirt version. I had concern over finishing the sleeve hem, so I pre-hemmed before setting. It did take some fussing with to evenly distribute the ease, but the sleeve went together fairly easy.

I do like this shirt, mostly because it is COMFORTABLE. I purposely made it long, so I could wear a pair of leggings or skinny jeans with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment