11/13/2012

PR Post of Butterick 5423 {patternreview.com}

This entry was originally posted on patternreview.com and on this site as Kimono Pink Coat.
 
Version:  version A with long sleeves

Sizing:   12 (bust ease 46.5”)

Fabric:  polyester wool outer with polyester lining inner

Were the instructions easy to follow? The instructions are very easy to understand.

Modification: I did have reservations when it came to setting the pocket into the front seam which is curved. For the most part, I followed the directions exactly and made sure to accurately transfer the pattern markings. One change I did make during the pocket assembly was to stitch the pocket lining to the front using a 1/4” seam, so when I flipped to the right side there was no hard lining edge where the pocket was since the rest of the seam is finished with a 5/8” seam.

The other aspect that I changes was the back darting. There was too much poof since the darts are not completely tacked down. Well, I tacked dart in place and like it much better. 

Would you recommend it to others? Yes, it is a nice jacket that has a lot of potential.  
 
Would you sew it again? No, one is enough.

For more information visit my Kimono Pink Coat entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment