4/17/2015

Another Plain Jane 1M1P #5 {Grainline Archer}

Pattern:  Grainline Archer
Version:  A - collar stand only
Sizing:  10 to 14
Fabric:  shirting with stretch
Notions:  9 little buttons
Instructions:  lovely
Modification:  reduced length of sleeve; collar stand only
Recommend:  yes

 

I just cannot seem to get away from the plain Jane tan in the traditional button down shape stolen from men's wear.  Without the darts that are typically placed in women's wear, this shirt is not form fitting, which suits my taste just fine. 

 
I am getting to the point that I have very little to say about the Archer shirts that I am making for One Month, One Pattern 2015.  It takes a few hours (more than five) to complete one shirt, making it so my creativity time is minimal; plus, I really just want the traditional button down with long sleeves.  Since I am trying to make as many shirts as I can, I figured out that if I sew shirts that use the same color of top-stitching, I can sew faster.  How do I sew faster?  I stitch the shirts together at the same time based on each step.  The yokes are completed at the same time, then I move on to the sleeves.  Once the sleeves are done, I can sew the bodies.  It simplifies things doing it this way.  This plain Jane and the Bland Beige Experiment that was version 2 are close to the same color, so I was able to complete each step at the same time. 

One Month, One Pattern 2015 Inauguration 1M1P #1
Bland Beige Experiment 1M1P #2 {Grainline Archer}
Standout Skirted Shirt 1M1P #3 {Grainline Archer} 
Calling It a Wadder 1M1P #4 {Grainline Archer}

No comments:

Post a Comment