7/31/2014

PR Post of Vogue 8766 {patternreview.com}

This entry was originally posted on patternreview.com and on this site as Blue Conservative.
 
Wait for it...it's a slide show!
This pattern has multiple variations. I used version D.

Sizing: top 12 to bottom 14

The pattern seems to be in-line with regular pattern sizing. I was hoping for a semi-loose fitting, comfortable dress that sided with a very conservative taste.

Fabric: polyester crepe with polyester lining


LBD--what about a little blue dress? Sometimes it is nice to be a bit different in a sea of black. I wish I would have used wool, because this is a dress that is going to get a of miles. Wool would have been a great upgrade.


Assembly time: 8 hrs

This is the second time I have used this pattern. The first dress lacked lining, so the construction time was shorter. Either finish is nice--bias or lining.

Were the instructions easy to follow? The instructions are very easy to follow and understand. The dress is very simple so directions are unnecessary. I read through them before beginning and had no difficulties.

Modification: Other than sizing to fit my body shape and installing an invisible zipper, no other modifications were made. I did use some different finishing techniques such as under-stitching, hem tape for finishing the dress and a blind hem stitch for the lining.

Would you recommend it to others? This is a great basic pattern and though I have only made one version two times, I am sure the other combos will work out just as well.

Would you sew it again? Yes, I have cotton lace put aside for the overlay version.  In addition, more interactions include Sheer Sucker Summer and Wonderful Little Dress for Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment