7/10/2014

Cute and Simple Shirt {Butterick 5890}

 
Pattern:  Butterick 5890
Version:  B without sleeves
Sizing:  14
Fabric:  1 yrd at 60"cotton and not enough
Notions:  invisible zipper
Instructions:  fine, watch the pattern markings for pleats
Modification:  no sleeves; bias strip finish at neck and armholes; invisible zipper
Recommend:  yes

Here's a cute little shirt that I have very little to say about, because it is pretty easy to assemble.  The only challenge I had was with the fabric simply because matching the granulating color was important.  Like many of my projects, I was a little short on fabric so the collar was finished as best as possible---reducing the length so the sides end short of meeting at center back.  The best part of this shirt, however, is the pleats which form darts for the bust and shaping through the hips.  I finished the neck and armholes, since I decided not to include sleeves, with bias tape that I hand-tacked in place. 

2 comments:

  1. This is SO pretty. I love that fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If memory serves, the fabric is from Mood which I popped into the cart just because I was paying shipping so I might as well. I should have gotten more than a yard cause it was a very tight squeeze to cut. As far as the pattern style, I like it and think a nice white shirting would do wonderfully for everyday. Sewing is so addicting!

    ReplyDelete