3/07/2014

Not Quiet Me {Simplicity 1692}

Pattern:  Simplicity 1692
Version:  C
Sizing:  14
Fabric:  polyester charmeuse
Notions:  6 buttons - covered
Instructions:  very easy to understand and assemble with or without instructions
Modification:  stitched side seam instead of using zipper
Recommend:  hummm?


The color and the print are so far removed from what I usually wear that I hinder between liking this shirt and hating everything about it. The best part of this pattern is the ease that it goes together.  Seriously, the four pieces (not including the button loops) fit with so much ease that very little effort needs to be exerted.  I chose this fabric, which I hate, to see how things would go if I stitched the side seam together instead of using a side zipper.  It worked out well.  I did go up a size, but if I sew this again from a polyester charmeuse, I would down size simply because I found that extra fabric is not required to slip the shirt over my head; mainly because the buttons at the shoulder seam are functional.  I would also extend the dart length an inch or two for a more formal, better fitting feel on the front panel.

No comments:

Post a Comment