11/01/2013

Wonderful Little Dress for Alice {Vogue 8766}

Pattern:  Vogue 8766 and self-cut apron
Version:  F modified for the dress
Sizing:  12
Fabric:  3 yds light blue cotton and 2 yds white cotton
Notions:  invisible zipper
Cost:  roughly $20
Assembly time:  6 hrs
Modification:  gathered 2 1/4 yrds of material for dress skirt, shortened sleeves, and created apron
Recommend:  Vogue 8766 is a very nice basic pattern that can be used in a number of variations.  It is definitely a "go to" in my pattern collection. 

It's been a few months since I completed a sewing project.  I decided though that I absolutely needed a new Halloween costume this year.  With the help of Vogue 8766, which I have made several times before, I constructed a simple cotton dress as the base for a Alice in Wonderland character.  The apron was made by the whim; whereas, I snipped and folded until it turned out well enough.  The "costume" is super comfy and truth be told, I will more than likely wear the dress not as a costume. 

No comments:

Post a Comment