10/03/2013

PR Post of Simplicity 1878 Tunic Dress {patternreview.com}

This review was originally published on patternreview.com and on this site at Blue Blooming Tunic.

Pattern Sizing: I cut at a size 12, but should have given myself more room in the hips prior to cutting out. The top fits nicely. I sat through a movie at the theater in this dress and was not uncomfortable; a sure sign that this pattern is a keeper.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Surely, the dress is nearly a match, minus the fabric print. I particularly like my choice of fabric since it camouflages the seam that runs down the length of dress. I will defiantly keep this in mind when I make another.

Were the instructions easy to follow? The instructions are very easy to follow---so simple, so clear. I do have to say that I opted for an invisible zipper so I cannot judge if those directions are clear.
 

Fabric Used: I used a linen rayon mix. I like this fabric for the design because it maintains its shape. I don't think I would have achieved the same results if I had used a less structured material such as rayon.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: Other than the notions, I did not deviate from the pattern.

Would you recommend it to others? Oh certainly. Not only are the directions and assembly easy, I think the shape is very figure flattering.

No comments:

Post a Comment