8/15/2013

PR Post of Vogue 1306 Shirt {patternreview.com}

This post was originally published on patternreview.com and on this site as Mrs. T-Shirt.

Sizing: I cut a size large. In the RTW world, my guess is the finished shirt would be an extra-large.

Fabric: rayon blend burnout jersey with low stretch

Assembly time: This shirt could probably be finished in a couple of hours, but I took my time and completed it in about 5 hours.

Were the instructions easy to follow? The instructions are easy to follow. But, be warned you should read the corresponding instructions for the version you are stitching up. I made two mistakes on the construction of this shirt. One, I started off on the wrong directions; secondly, I was short on the yardage.


Modification: I didn't necessarily modify any part of the pattern; I made adjustments to account for my mistakes. First, the placket was cut too long resulting in the placket binding (10) not being the correct length. The next time I make this shirt I will make this piece longer and cut the left over off after the neck band is in place. I will also read the correct instructions so this mistake does not happen. Secondly, I will buy enough fabric to cut the neck band on the bias. Maybe doing it this way will help flatten the piece out when it lays across my collar.

Would you recommend it to others? Oh yes!

Would you sew it again? Without a doubt, yes. I love this shirt. On other people's blogs, I have seen the shirt made to fit more snug. I like them too. I might consider buying the smaller pattern just so there are more options.

No comments:

Post a Comment