7/26/2013

Origami Style {Vogue 1340}

Pattern:  Vogue 1340
Sizing:  10
Fabric:  2.25 yrds suiting mix (70% linen, 30% cotton); 2.5 yds polyester lining
Notions: 1 yd webbed lining; a long invisible zipper
Instructions:  The directions (both on pattern and booklet) are important for understanding the origami pleats on the bodice. 
Modification:  It is recommend to use interfacing for the entire bodice.  I only used flexible webbed interfacing on the front portion because I wanted something that was movable. 
Recommend:  This dress is not close fitting, making it a great work outfit for sitting behind a desk.  The pattern is very easy to make-up even though the neckline takes a bit of fussing and hand tacking.  I would recommend the pattern, but doubt I'll be making another. 

It's a short write-up today.  I made this dress pre-move, so I have forgot many of the "facts" for assembly.  I remember the collar giving me a bit of a challenge because I thought the entire thing was constructed with sewn-in pleats, but after I realized they were folded origami style it made things easier.  This dress is extremely easy to make despite it being a Vogue pattern, and perhaps the facts were forgotten because it was so simple. 

No comments:

Post a Comment