10/05/2012

Golden Goddess Costume {McCall's 4954}

 
  Sorry but this pattern is out of print.
Pattern:  McCall's 4954, link not available
Sizing: 14
Fabric:  5 5/8 yrds crepe for dress; 4 yrds chiffon for wrap
Additional Supplies: calls for lining, but self-lined
Cost:  best guess $65, chiffon was expensive
Assembly time:  unknown, made 3 yrs ago
Instructions:  unsure, but look understandable
Modification:  none
Recommend:  yes, who says it has to be costume


Parties, who doesn't love a great murder mystery?  A couple of years ago I received an invite to attend one as a golden goddess.  Loving to make my own costumes, I rushed to the fabric store, selected a goddess like costume, and found the loveliest chiffon with weaved cording all ready attached (though a bit expensive).  When I was deciding what to post for October, I knew I had to bring this pattern out to write-up a review.  Was I shocked, however, to learn McCall's has stopped selling it since it really is a lovely pattern. 

To be honest, the dress is very comfy and could be used for everyday wear.  From what I remember, I had some issues with the v-neck, but this could be due to my haste to finish the garment.  I skipped the directions for the wrap, because I bought fabric that only need to be finished on the ends.  Since this pattern is out print, I am making this entry short, but please enjoy the pictures.  Keep in mind, if you see this pattern on the secondary market, pick it up. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment