9/08/2012

Sheer Sucker Summer {Vogue 8766}

My grandmother hated Vogue patterns.  She thought they were poorly written, poorly drafted, and fit poorly.  Well, Vogue 8766 is nothing like that.  The pattern has so many variations, that it was difficult to decide which to make, but since it was 110 degrees outside a short dress without sleeves sounded perfect.  I had only a yard and a half of a green and white seersucker on hand, which necessitated a fitted skirt. 

My fabric shrank during pre-wash, so the suggested cutout layout did not work.  My workaround was to shorten the skirt pieces by seven inches.  I pre-read the instructions and abandoned them when I started sewing.  Really, they are not needed.

One issue I had was aligning the tiny stripes.  The front darts, I had to sew a couple of times to make a near mirror image on each side.  I also had to redo the front skirt to bodice seam multiple times to make it close to straight.  This was really difficult. 

No comments:

Post a Comment