7/31/2012

Nail Down that Bra Strap {Lingerie Strap Guard}

The last few days, I have been working on finishing up projects and mending.  The projects you will see in time, but for now I want to share with you some mending.  First, I followed the inspiration from cotton & curls to make "skinny" jeans out of an old pair of boot cut ones.  I do have to confess, I didn't take the inseam in like was suggested, just the outside and they turned out fine.  Sorry, no picture--there was only a slight difference and I couldn't capture it on camera.  I just wanted to share the idea and let you know that it works. 

Secondly, I altered this dress from Anthropologie by shortening the elastic shoulder's length and adding a lingerie strap guard.  The dress has a strange neckline and doesn't always stay in place.  By adding a guide, the shoulder will stay in place and thus help the front stay swagged. 

To add a guard to any bodice, use about 1.5 inches of ribbon and a small ball snap.  Sew one end of the snap to the end of the ribbon.  Sew the other side of the snap to the shoulder seam near the top of the arm hole.  Attach the ribbon to the neck hole, and WOW your bra strap is nail in place. Ok, you have to snap it into place by threading your undergarment though the ribbon, but it does stay in place.  


 

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1/10/2013

    Thanks for the tip! It's so annoying when clothes won't stay in place, and tacking them to a bra strap is a great way to make them behave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad I can be of some use. In most ready to wear clothes I find that when they are include they tend to be breaded thread...a ribbon is so much nicer and easier to handle.

      Delete