11/02/2014

PR Post of Simplicity 1877 {patternreview.com}

This entry was originally posted on patternreview.com and on this site as Green Beauty and Simplified.

Pattern:  Simplicity 1877

Fabric:  Linin

Version: The lovely view B with full skirt and flounces on the shoulder.

Sizing: My dress was cut and made from a size 12 as per the guidance on the reverse side of the pattern. My best guess is this sizing would make a 10 in ready to wear. The looser fit makes for a causal look that is comfortable, so even though I could have fit into a smaller size I am fine with the result.

Fabric: I made this dress with 100 percent linen and I am very satisfied with the choice. Along with the fabric, the styling of the dress is perfect for a hot summer day.


Assembly time: 7 hrs

Were the instructions easy to follow? The instructions are so-so. I had problems understanding how the flounce was stitched into the shoulder seam. Eventually, I figured it out by realizing that the short curve is actually the portion that is stitched in-between the front and back bodice.

Modification: I made no changes that I can remember. I like the look of an invisible zipper, but I could see a fully exposed zipper as a fun element.

Would you recommend it to others? I would recommend this design and pattern to others. It has so many fun features, like the pockets and pleats.

Would you sew it again? There are many combinations that would make this dress interesting enough to make again, such as using the straight skirt from View A without flounce and the bodice from View B with the flounce. I also think this dress work with heavier fabric making it suitable for winter, especially if the neckline is raised.

No comments:

Post a Comment