7/01/2014

PR Post of Vogue 8754 {patternreview.com}

This entry was originally posted on patternreview.com and on this site as Linen Jacket by Me {Vogue 8754}.

 
Version: View B with inseam pockets

Sizing: 10 to 12

Fabric:
linen look-alike (polyester/cotton/linen); cotton

Assembly time: 10 hrs

Were the instructions easy to follow? The instructions could not be any easier to follow.

Modification: I customized the lining of this version, but there is no reason to make the changes. The pattern is absolutely fine the way it is. I did have to widen the hip area (pattern ease is 42.5"), but this is a usual issue for fitted garments.


Would you recommend it to others? I rate this pattern as two-thumbs-up. Don't be fooled by the less than modern sketches printed on the cover; the jacket is so much more lovely than you would expect. I have made this coat three times and each time I like the outcome better than the last. My first attempt was a green and white number that you can see here, the second one is a plain tartan, and the grand champion is this linen coat.

Would you sew it again? I would love to say yes, but really how many of the same coat do I need? Perhaps if I lose one I'll stitch one up real quick. It really is simple and the only reason why this particular version took me so long is because I upped the ante with fancy lining and bound button holes.

No comments:

Post a Comment