2/08/2013

I Heart Shirt {McCall's 6604}

Pattern:  McCall’s 6604
Version: View C with sleeves from View A
Sizing: 12
Fabric: 1.5 yrd sheer polyester with 1 yrd polyester crepe
Notions: none other than thread, but duh
Assembly time: 4 hrs
Instructions: they get you to where you need to be
Modification: hid seams on inside of shirt
Recommend: YES

It is hard to believe that I used the same pattern as my sequin shirt for this project. It proves that fabric does make a difference to design. The fun heart shape fabric is a sheer polyester which I underlined with a navy polyester crape. I left the sleeves unlined and finished the arm seam with the French method. I had a bit of a problem with the cuffs, but I am totally blaming that on the fabric---the sheer is slippery. The neckline was finished by binding the seam and folding inwards. As I am short on shirts in my closet, I will be making more from this pattern. There are a couple of variations that I would love to try out. 

2 comments:

  1. Great shirt! I plan on doing the exact same thing with some eyelet and lawn. Thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished the other version that is included in this pattern (the cowl neck). I made it with cotton shirting and I look forward to wearing it this summer. It looks and feels so comfy. The pattern is great and I can't believe the variety you can achieve with it. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete