9/14/2014

Placket? Oh No, No! {Vogue 1306}

Pattern: Vogue 1306
Version: B
Sizing: large
Fabric: 1.5 yrds jersey
Assembly time: 3 hrs from cutting to finishing
Instructions: easy to understand
Modification: no placket
Recommend: Yes, I like it more without the placket. Version B would be even better without the placket too!

I am not shy to using a pattern over, and after  wearing a garment I often decided on tweaking it to make life more comfortable. Vogue 1306 (Mrs. T Shirt) went through this evolution. After wearing the shirt a few times, I noticed I kept fidgeting with the placket. It never felt like it was laying correctly and allowed the sleeve too much slack, resulting in the shirt falling off the shoulder. I actually retired the shirt, because of the bad fit.  While browsing the fabric store, though, I came across a knit that I actually truly like---amazing. Even without a larger plan, I bought enough to make a shirt. Then it hit me, Vogue 1306 without placket would be W-O-N-D-E-R-F-U-L. And it is. Super easy, quick, simple, and the ruffle detail makes it unique...what's not to love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment