8/28/2014

PR Post of Simplicity 1699 {patternreview.com}

This entry was originally posted on patternreview.com and on this site as Pep to My Lum My Darling.

Version: view B

Sizing: 12 (best guess a size 6 in RTW)

Fabric: wool tricotine roughly 1 yrd with linen collar

Assembly time: 4 hrs

Were the instructions easy to follow? The directions are great. I had no problems following them during construction and recommend perusing as a reference. The completion of the sleeve cap is easily obtained by the step-by-step instructions. I particularly like the fact that the hem is finished prior to sleeve inset. (FYI-The directions are different for the short sleeve.)


Modification: I made no modifications, but I can see people having issues with the sizing. To me, the pattern seems to run small. Bust ease is 37.5 inches and waist ease is 29 inches for a size 12. I would recommend sizing up in the bust as there are wonderfully proportioned princess seams that could be difficult to change. If you have to make frequent bust adjustments, a muslin is a good idea.

Would you recommend it to others? I would recommend this pattern to others. The shirt is a triumph, so the dress must be a success since it is nearly the same pattern pieces.

Would you sew it again? I do plan on making this shirt again. This was my first try and I thought it would end up in the garbage bin so was greatly surprised when it actually worked straight out of the envelope. I plan on making the dress also.

Other makes from this pattern include Sweet Short Jacket, Practice Makes Shorts, and I Heart Dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment